- ABOUT US
- THE TEAM
- JOB OFFERS
- MAKE A DONATION
01/10/2020 – 30/09/2022
The general objectives of SIGE is to support the social inclusion low skilled people with a migrant background or belonging to a minority by contributing to the development of a flexible blended gamified learning offer allowing them to develop the key competences. The target group addressed by SIGE are low skilled people with a migrant background. The project aims additionally to empower adult educators to use Gamification and game-based learning to deal with diversified groups and improve the quality of their teaching practice.
The project will be attended by partners from 7 European countries – Italy (Erasmus Learning Academy), Russia (Osnova Skola Sveti Sava), Hungary (Obrtnicko Uciliste), Romania (Asociata Demetrius), Germany (Comparative Research Network), Spain (Cfie Miranda De Ebro ) and Poland (MODE Foundation).
1. Adult education course “Upskill through Gamification” is a blended course that aims to provide a unique gamified learning opportunity for the target group to upskill and enhance their key competences and foster their integration and inclusion into society and the labor market. Five modules have been foreseen in the project design phase (Language Competences, Mathematical Competences, Digital Competences, Cultural Competences and Preparedness, Soft Skills) and will be revised after the Need Analysis has been conducted in all the partner countries. The course will be implemented at the local level in each partner country, empowering 105 migrants (25 per partner country) and 28 educators (4 per partner country) to experience an innovative educational and training experience.
2. ”SIGE Handbook for Adult Educators working with low skilled people with a migrant background” is a manual to support adult education staff working with the target group in using game-based elements and app in their teaching. The manual will deal with key principles, goals and aims of gamification; state of the art gamification techniques; most frequently used game mechanics and elements; most of all it will report the lessons learnt and good practices from the first editions of the course “Upskill through Gamification”.
1. Local level: At local level we expect to register the greatest impact, adult educators will in particular get acquainted with innovative methodologies to teach and foster the integration of people with fewer opportunities, in turn becoming active agents of similar new initiatives. The local migrant community and minorities will in turn be motivated to engage in adult training.
2. Regional level: At the regional and national level, we expect to see an increase and innovation of the educational offer for migrants. More and more subjects, even among fragile ones, will be included in lifelong learning activities. The contribution of associated partners and stakeholders can encourage, at this level, a positive change also in terms of public policies able to support the integration of migrants into education.
3. European level: At European level, thanks to the creation of SIGE network for cross-sectorial cooperation at EU level, other European adult organizations and NGOs will be able to learn about our project, access the blended education course and adapt them to improve and innovate their activities. This will develop a greater sense of belonging to Europe, the creation of new transnational projects and synergies and the development of new teaching paths with an international scope.